Thursday, May 8, 2014

Motivation!


Hi, My name is Emily I started this blog to do all sorts of things back in 2012, but then I haven't used it but once that is about to change I would like to share my experiences with everyone that would like to listen to them or has questions. I am trying to do a post a week and hopefully succeed with that and don't disappoint you.

Back 2012 I wanted to join the Air Force. I can tell you right now how hard it is to join any branch and if you make it into them they must like you and/or you got lucky. 1% of americans are in the military, some think they were unlucky. I took my asvab right after high school my score was a 44 I then tried studying more and going back however I scored the same on a different test. Back then studying for me was difficult and I guess I just didn't know what worked for me. Then United States Navy Contacted me after my asvab and told me how much they wanted me...and now looking back I really regretted the branch I joined but all branches have there down sides....I ended up choosing navy and going with them because I felt like it would be more safe. Well yes its more safe but a lot of bull shit for no reason and I felt as if I wasn't contributing anything and it was a waste of my time...I felt like that if I had joined the marines or army I would be better serving my country. These feelings however have changed. I love where I am at, it's where god would want me to be. I am glad Navy is what went with I feel like I am finally doing something to help out my country it just took a while to develop a new love for it and looking at it in a new light to see what I was doing. The Military tries you and everything you are about and breaks you down, But then turns around and builds you back up again.

When I first joined it was for college, but all this has changed now I really have come to have respect for this country and its people. I no longer feel like its a waste of my time I enjoy it a little more and more everyday so much that I could go all 20 years and get my retirement I am finally out of my cruddy division where few care about you and finally am in a place that see's my motivations and it helps me and pushes me further than I ever would have got being an ABH. I am in security now and although some of the watches suck they are worth every second because I am where I want to be with People that help me thrive and want to be there right along side me. 

In the navy I found a way to study and a way to make it work for myself. I wish I would have known some of the things I know now in high school but everything happens for a reason. I have learned I should always listen to my mother... Mother knows best. I should be everything I can now for my future later. I shouldn't complain to much it could always be worse and it has been. I have learned to let Jesus take the wheel finally, And the love I have for my father is great but the love he has for me is infinite. Live life to its fullest and Refuse to sink!

















4 comments:

  1. you have come a long ways and am proud of ya keep up the awesome work emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Emily, LOVE AND MISS YOU, but very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete